DHW cycles/ CH Cycles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hoping for a bit of advice please...me problem is
Combi boiler Ravenheat Cis85T 2 years old along with all pipes and radiators. About say 6 months ago dhw started to cycle once or twice whilst running tap or shower this was not really a problem but now this has not become constant occurrence ever tens or so seconds, water hardly gets to temperature before switching of boiler then firing up again. Have replaced DHW and CH sensors no difference (actually probably slightly worse since).
Also CH is not what I would call brilliant ever since it was fitted, but now i can only seem to get about two out of the six radiators in the house warm (via balancing the rest of the radiators) these can either be upstairs or downstairs or a combination. No one thing I have noticed is that the return pipe at the boiler from the CH gets just about as hot as the CH flow pipe very quickly indeed infact before any of the radiators start to get hot, then the boiler switches of for about 3/4 mins then starts again. Pump seems to be working fine tried it at different setting along with temperature settings on boiler, no difference. I was wondering if the pressure relief valve might be faulty as this is only about eight feet away under the floor before the first radiator, any thoughts anyone please.

Sponsored Links
You will have a 3 year warranty with this boiler ;)

Is there a by-pass under the boiler, if so try shutting it and test again.

Sounds like a possible blockage in the plate he or maybe a dv stuck.

sounds like the installer forgot to flush the system, probably limescale and corrosion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back