DHW Flow valve replacement for potterton combi 80 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

After any advice for changing a Flow valve on a potterton combi 80 boiler.

The old valve is leaking.I have ordered a new replacement but was just wondering if its hard to change myself?

Looks simple but you never know as i take it off and water goes everywhere( possible)??????

Any advice would be much appreciated..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tempted to say "Yes, you'll get absolutely soaked, unless you turn the water off first"... :D

What exactly do you mean by the water flow valve?? There's about 3 bits you could be referring to.

Thanks ChrisR! :p

The water point is fair.should have been more careful with the wording!

What i meant was (with the water turned off) if i take the valve off will the water in the boiler already drain down going everywhere???

The Flow valve is the DHW Valve that has cold water flowing into it. It has what looks like a spring mechanism with a wire leading to the control circuits.
Its the diaphram valve that looks like a flying saucer one end with a long (2 inch) shaft leading from the middle of it( where the spring is )

Cheers

Oh that. No drama. Just turn off the inlet isolator under the boiler, and open a low hot tap. Then the water will drop out from the tap when you let air in.
If water has got into the microswitch, you'll need to replace that too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back