potterton combi 80 fan question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a potterton combi 80 boiler and have just had the pcb,dhw flow switch and diverter valve replaced by my local plumber.My bolier is now working like new the only thing is the fan seems to be running all the time even when not being used the only time it stops is when unpluged from the mains,i never noticed this before does anyone have any info please.

Sponsored Links
is your boiler electronic or pilot, if its electronic i.e no pilot it sounds like you have the wrong pcb fitted, there is two types perm pilot and electronic version, a pilot version will keep fan running all the time,

HI i know my boiler is electronic ignition, my plumber ordered pcb 8929685 which is the same part number he removed, i have been on to potterton parts manual and it dosent mention being two diffrent ones or diffrent part numbers,should i get him to try the old one again i wonder ?

Sponsored Links
might want to get him back just to check, the pcbs are different for pilot versions, and he may have fitted the wrong one by mistake,, the box it comes in does say on it pilot version.

If you have a pilot light ie the small flame that burns continuously you have the correct pcb. The fan runs continously at slow speed.

Its not quite what he has said!

He got the PCB "cheap" and thats why its the wrong one!!!

As no CORGI engineer would fit the wrong one then I think he must have been making all this up and there was no "local plumber" and he has fitted all these himself!

Tony

Next time I'll bother to read the heading and all the previous postings :oops:

you have created another thread on //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=693885#693885 which I have locked.

It says "thanks guys, i have got the box out of the bin and it is for the pilot light one,does it make any diffrence as i got this cheep and apart from the fan its great is it okay to leave it it ?"

Any further replis or updates please "reply" to this one.

b o l l o c k brain mod :rolleyes: merge it not exactly rocket science

Agile said:
Its not quite what he has said!

He got the PCB "cheap" and thats why its the wrong one!!!

As no CORGI engineer would fit the wrong one then I think he must have been making all this up and there was no "local plumber" and he has fitted all these himself!

Tony

mr glazier
why do you not go back to to the bbc and be so pretentious to a damn sight more people

play with resirtors and transistors cos thats what you understand

leave the boilers to the blokes that know what they are doing :rolleyes:

Good to see you back Kev and that american sun and good times haven't made you lose that wit :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back