DHW sensor fault on boiler display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Now, Some combis only use one thermistor on the system side.....
Intec isn't one of them. Not that our resident Darwin Award Winner would know that, though.
No it's not but thats not what you asked him was it.
Doesn't really matter what I ask him, he never knows the answer any way. Bet you he can't explain how the dhw sensor gets gunked up either.

Probably not.

Joe likes to wander around a thread throwing tidbits about but he never answers a question. Let's see if he can google this one. :)

Sponsored Links
The guy who fitted it is an amateur. He knows enough to do a combi swap (like 95% of the population), but is mistaking the domestic water thermistor getting gunked up ...
What exactly causes a dhw sensor to get gunked up?
It can't. ....
So if it can't get gunked up, why would it fail due to gunk in the system?
You did say the warranty did not apply because the system was dirty, did you not?

Sponsored Links
I thought the Alphas had a super swirling rotary vortex filter to remove dirt from all the heating water?

It would unless he's gunked up the plate heat exchanger.
But the display says the sensor is faulty. Apart from that, the symptoms don't indicate a problem with the plate hex.
In fact, there is nothing whatsoever that makes me think the problems is in any way due to gunk.

Seems like your statement
He's fitted it to a dirty system so the blame is his.
is a load of bol-locks.
As per usual, I might add.

Last chance, Joe. Explain to us why the OP's warranty would not cover a faulty sensor that has nothing to do with the plate hex (which is unlikely to be gunked up any way as you have found out by now).

I never said the problem was gunk. The op was under the impression that the thermistor was gunked up and had done a google but mistook the plate heat exchanger for the thermistor. I never said that gunk was an issue. Why do you think that I did? :confused:
He's fitted it to a dirty system so the blame is his.
"He's fitted it to a dirty system so the blame is his" is pretty much clear cut; it says the problem is gunk, and it says the warranty would thus not cover the fault.

...The OP thought that he had got gunk in his system...
No, you said that. The OP thought it was a dirty sensor.

...I realised that he was under the impression that his plate heat exchanger was gunked up...
That is pure conjecture.

... It was HIS information I was answering.
No, you drew the wrong conclusion based on nothing but conjecture and lack of knowledge, and now you are trying to wriggle out of it.

By the way, somebody handed in your gascard.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2z5p0ma.jpg

Ohh don't be nathty. I fort you wuz my fwend. :cry: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back