DHW sensor fault on boiler display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler went funny this morning making all kinds of clicking noises and when I opened the cupboard to see what was happening the display was showing E 06 which in the manual is error 6 which says the DHW ( which i presume is domestic hot water) sensor is faulty/broke etc. the hot water is still working and so is the heating. I ggogled it earlier and found a few posts about similar things and people said its a sensor type of thing that gets clogged up with 'gunk' and just requires a simple clean then all is well again. the boiler was only fitted in november though. thought id ask on here though to be sure. has anyone else experienced similar things with their boilers?is it easily fixed? any help is much appreciated. dont fancy a big repair bill so soon after xmas!
the boiler is an alpha intec 24x.

Sponsored Links
november, december, january, warranty.

if there is some reason you are not calling the installer back then I smell a rat.

Sponsored Links
Even the Budget intec x range have a 2 year warranty so why dont you just call the manufacturer to come and repair it free of charge ????

You've saved over a grand by fitting it yourself, use a bit of that to get a local bloke round.

MAKE YOUR MIND UP JOE, You told us yesterday that anyone can fit a gas boiler in their own house AND complete the benchmark AND the manufacturer is bound by statute to honour the 1st years warranty, so why the complete change of mind today ????????????

He's fitted it to a dirty system so the blame is his.

Just goes to show Joe you either do not read the post or you really do not have a clue, the OP has told you that it is the DHW sensor so pray please enlighten us all how he cleans his domestic hot water ??

He's fitted it to a dirty system so the blame is his.
You must be suggesting the water board flush the mains then :rolleyes:
The heating side.
Were you not the one who claimed to know more about boilers than most registered installers?
I'd love to hear your explanation how a sensor fitted on the system side can measure the temperature on the water side.

Now where has that picture of your gas card gone?

Now Now, Some combis only use one thermistor on the system side....not that that muppet joe would know it but I couldn't let it lie. :)

Can only think of one right enough. :LOL:

The guy who fitted it is an amateur. He knows enough to do a combi swap (like 95% of the population), but is mistaking the domestic water thermistor getting gunked up ...
What exactly causes a dhw sensor to get gunked up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back