Dial out, Honeywell Galaxy 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above system. It will no longer send me sms's during alarms, apparently as the SMS service is no longer supported... It does still try to send an SMS as the line it is on becomes engaged during alarms.

I am looking for an economical fix. I have a mobile next to me 24/7 and am happy not to have red care or the likes. I have been told that the only option is to purchase a dialler (circa £170) and a contract at £80/year for a call handling facility.

Could I not tell the alarm to set my mobile number as "the SMS centre"? So if I receive a garbled data call at 2am from the alarm number I would know that there is something afoot.??

Or even a reasonably priced dialler that would not involve a contract??

Suggestions welcomed.
:D

Sponsored Links
The SMS TAP center will probably be set to the old O2 number. You can change this to the Vodafone one. 07785499999 I think (if it's not down or overloaded). This costs around 17p per dial out. There are alternatives that cost 50p per dial - Google for them. Note that TAP is not the most reliable as it is based on old MODEM tech, so multiple fail attempts can result in a surprise on your phone bill.

Alternatively, use something like low cost IP self mon, but you will need an IP module for the Galaxy £49 & £1/month

You cannot simply get the panel to ring your mobile number, as there's no handshake and this results in the panel flagging a comm's error.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back