Alarm that dials a mobile number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a question re a burglar alarm panels ringing a mobile/landline telephone number, rather than just sending an SMS. My reason is that I have a storeage location in a remote location and would prefer a phone call rather than an SMS to wake me in the middle of the night. Also a system that does not charge premium call rates if dialled indirectly.

So a couple of questions..

1) I'm looking for a system that I can just fit a pay-as-you-go SIM card which would alert me and also do the normal alarm stuff too. So can anybody recommend a very very reliable system?

2) At home I have a Pyronix, so can the above be retrofitted to an Enforcer (I know it does SMS), but not sure?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I used to have a Cooper Security Scantronic 660 Speech & Digital Communicator, with a DSC GS3100 GSM/GPRS Alarm Communicator, in a Galaxy Dimension PCB. The 660 Communicator worked very badly and took so long to make a call that it sometimes disconnected before I had the time to acknowledge the call. I'm, saying this because Menvier is from the same company and the Menvier SD3 GSM says in its manual that

"When calling some mobile phone networks you may find that the network takes a long time to connect to the mobile unit, causing the SD3 to drop the call and move on the next telephone number. We recommend that you make the recording time of the site message and trigger message to be no less than eight seconds each when calling a mobile phone.".

I now have a Pyronix V2 GSM, the same SIM card , so the same phone network, and it has been working very well, no droped calls. Only have it for a few months, but very happy with it. But I don't know or have experience with the SD3 GSM .

Paul has a Pyronix V2 GSM working for a few years now, with no problems: https://www.diynot.com/diy/conversations/pyronix-v2-gsm-dialler.33290/

With Menvier you can choose Line Priority: PSTN Only; GSM Only; PSTN First; GSM First.

Pyronix V2 has a model for PSTN and a different one for GSM, not both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back