Diaphragm for a Worcester CDi24

I really hate the lying scum at over priced parts center.
I doff my cap to nickso and namsag re changing the diaphragms in place. not something I'd try.
Quick question....now that I have a duff DV in my possession, is it worth stripping it down and trying to refurb it? It looks to be full of black s**t.

Sponsored Links
Have gave up using parts centre as they are pathetic , phone them to see if parts avialable , yes we have them , drive over to pick them up only to be given god knows what or be told Oh it`s not on shelf, only ever used them as a last resort.. Get excellent service from gas appliance spares in preston i`m 200 mile from them but parts are always with me next day and probably best prices around...

Cant see any reason for not cleaning valve up and new diaphragm.. will check in van tomorrow for part number and exact cost

I only use Parts Center for retail price of parts, then source local supplier at less cost. As you say they are ok but only as a last resort!

Problem round here is parts center have the monopoly. Two other suppliers, Curzon and Heating Components Limited are just too inaccessible due to traffic. They need someone to open up against them and give them a kick up the a**.

Sponsored Links
Here is the description and code... Universal dia kit for comb..... Stock code UND1....

List price £6.80 £1.36 discount total £5.44 carriage £2.00 = £7.44 then vat £1.30 invoice total £8.74.

This is from gas appliance spares

I have fitted both the divertor and the diphraghm but the whole valve change is easier and you never know if it will leak until you fill back up. I live one mile from gas appliance spares here in Preston and they really do a great job, and know their stuff. Needed a gas valve for a Baxi solo, yellow push button, Baxi £150, they found out what valve it is and sell it without Baxi on the box for about £70, and will even sell just the solenoid for £10.

Thats probably because they are buying it from Abcot for about 20 notes and putting their margin on it.

Dave

As long as it is a honeywell valve what does it matter where supplier sourced it...

BertieGas said:
I have fitted both the divertor and the diphraghm but the whole valve change is easier and you never know if it will leak until you fill back up.

IME I'd say the opposite, why break the extra seals?. Those internal o rings at the back are a pita. The diaphragm takes half the time aswell.

ollski said:
BertieGas said:
I have fitted both the divertor and the diphraghm but the whole valve change is easier and you never know if it will leak until you fill back up.

IME I'd say the opposite, why break the extra seals?. Those internal o rings at the back are a pita. The diaphragm takes half the time aswell.

and the white plastic elbow breaks if you are not careful.

Had a few tonight , but what white platic elbow do you mean the yellowish one on the left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back