Diapragm Cover Sticking on Glow Worm Compact 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The old diapragm was in pieces so the pin would not extend when the Hot top was turned on. I have fitted a new diapragm and brass cover, however now the pin extends but does not retract fully, leaving the switch on all the time. I have checked that the diapragm is seated properly and replaced a worn o ring on the water regulater behind it but it still does not retract properly. Any ideas? I need to keep the old boiler running for 6 months or so until a brand new boiler is fitted in a new extennsion.

Sponsored Links
Dont these have a spring which should be fitted towards the front of the boiler.

Have you fitted the diaphragm the correct way round?

Does the pin move freely in the gland? Silicone grease lubricates them.

Tony

Yes, spring fitted and correct way round- I will try some grease though. When removed the pin moves freely against the spring, but when installed it might need lubricating, so thanks for that.

If everything else is correct then the only cause would be a blocked entry to either side of the diaphragm.

That can be checked by VERY slowly turning on the water supply and making sure water comes out of BOTH entry points.

Thats very unlikely though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony, I'll try to see if one of the routes is blocked. There is a regulator behind the diapraghm, Ive replaced the O ring but I wonder if this is failing also, problem is the part S801187 does not seem to be available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back