Did you think Foot and Mouth was over? WRONG!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another snippet from warmwell.com

Oct 5 2007 ~ "Gordon Brown is anxious that the electorate should think that FMD is an issue approaching history."

The Scotsman today points out that lambs are now starving in the fields. The relaxation of restrictions on October 12 will come too late and not go far enough. ".... few farmers will be able to meet the strict criteria on movements which threaten to lock up their businesses. The public perception and reality down on the farm are miles apart."
Dan Buglass says a proposal, to be discussed in Brussels later today, may allow for compensation following the killing and disposal of the now excess sheep, "but the cost will have to be picked up by the UK government."
He adds, "The hint of an impending general election is in the air, but the Prime Minister is keen to avoid a repeat of the scenario of 2001..." The public at large does not fully comprehend that small unwanted lambs are dying and bull calves are being born and then shot - all because of a disaster not of the farmers' making. The animal loving public would be horrified - but as we have seen there is a deafening silence in most of the press about the handling of foot and mouth - and yet another anodyne "Review" is about to take place.

So is the Prime Minister hoping to keep this quiet while he parades his broad smile round the country? Let's hope some of the information about the scandalous handling of this Prime Minister made disaster will be seen by people BEFORE they vote. Just a pity there isn't a credible alternative.

Sponsored Links
Let's hope some of the information about the scandalous handling of this Prime Minister made disaster will be seen by people BEFORE they vote. Just a pity there isn't a credible alternative.

If there is no credible alternative what benefit is there in the people seeing this so-called PM made disaster?

So Gordon Brown is a plumber in his spare time and should have fixed the pipe at the lab? :confused:

is this the outbreak that was caused by leaks from drains in poor condition, after the building maintenance PM had repeatedly warned that the drains were in poor condition, and lost his job for being a troublemaker?

Sponsored Links
So Gordon Brown is a plumber in his spare time and should have fixed the pipe at the lab? :confused:

Oh what an intelligent question........NOT!!

From your question you appear to be as informed as most of the British population. You could read all the information here, but to summarise for your limited attention span, a couple of years ago Defra under Margaret Beckett screwed up the payments to farmers. The EU fined the British Government £350million. Gordon Brown (yes, the same one you referred to above) Told Defra it would have to come out of their budget and they weren't getting any help from him. Part of the savings were made by cutting the maintenance budget at Pirbright research labs, er, like the drains innit.

As Kev says, plumbers don't do drains, but this guy was the project manager who wouldn't make the funds available so the groundworkers could fix it.

... this guy was the project manager who wouldn't make the funds available so the groundworkers could fix it.

"Not my fault" says Project Manager

"The warning came from contractor Steve Kendrew who worked at both sites as a project manager between May 06 and June 07, running the Backlog Maintenance Programme. While employed by IAH, he raised his concerns with Prof. Martin Shirley (Director of the IAH), Dr Paul Heeney of the HSE, Prof. Paul Mansor at DEFRA and the BBSRC"

http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q=72233737591772&mkt=en-GB&lang=en-GB&w=1606d73c&FORM=CVPW2

I heard the PM lost his job for being a whining troublemaker and raising the issue.
"Kendrew’s work with the IAH ended abruptly in June. He said: “This has cost me dearly. My career is blighted . . . but staying silent would have been a crime by omission.” "
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2558204.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797084

Obviously, the directors of the facility deny responsibility
"The Institute for Animal Health and its sponsoring body, the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), do not accept any inference that they ignored warnings"
http://www.iah.bbsrc.ac.uk/FMDV2007/Statement12_30sep07.htm
which, if true, must mean either that they weren't warned :rolleyes: or that they acted to prevent the escape which led to the outbreak :rolleyes:

Something wrong here...

Who do I believe?

From your question you appear to be as informed as most of the British population. You could read all the information here, but to summarise for your limited attention span, a couple of years ago Defra under Margaret Beckett screwed up the payments to farmers. The EU fined the British Government £350million. Gordon Brown (yes, the same one you referred to above) Told Defra it would have to come out of their budget and they weren't getting any help from him. Part of the savings were made by cutting the maintenance budget at Pirbright research labs, er, like the drains innit.

As Kev says, plumbers don't do drains, but this guy was the project manager who wouldn't make the funds available so the groundworkers could fix it.
Like I said you think hes a plumber in his spare time, get real! :rolleyes:

JohnD, sorry for the apparent confusion, the "project manager" was my sarcastic (though never the less accurate) reference to Gordon Brown, not to anybody else. He was the man with the purse strings, which he chose to draw tight.

Meanwhile tim west continues to be stuck in some alternative universe.

Quotes from tim west

So Gordon Brown is a plumber in his spare time and should have fixed the pipe at the lab?

Like I said you think hes a plumber in his spare time, get real!

You just dont get it do you oilman

er, that's his/her entire contribution so far to this topic.

sorry whats your point? you havnt answered my question properly have you no idea then? :rolleyes:

And how do you get to that preposterous theory? still avoiding answering my question i see :rolleyes:

so do i really give a toss what this micky mouse goverment do
and you bunch of PLANKS

i will be in the states with the love of a good woman :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back