Difference between GZ10 and GU10??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my inlaws moved into a new apartment, some of the bulbs had gone in the kitchen and bathroom. I spoke to the electrical company who fitted the buildings and they told me to use a GZ10 in the bathroom and a GU10 in the kitchen, as the GU10 will not last as long in a steamy atmosphere of a bathroom. I know there is a difference between them and the way they dissipate the heat. But why should one type go into the kitchen and the other in the bathroom? The reason I ask is because I have just been into a lighting shop and asked for a GZ10 and was offered a GU10 in its place. I said no thanks as its a Gz10 I want, I had 5 assistants telling me they are the same except the chamfering near the fitting is different. I stood my ground and said they are different bulbs but they wouldnt have it. What do you reckon.

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
Wiring matters article
In a nutshell, you can fit both GZ10 (dichroic) and GU10 (aluminised) lamps into GZ10 fittings but only GU10 (aluminised) lamps into GU10 fittings.

Yes I realise that, but why should the GZ10 be used in a bathroom?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back