Different cylinder fitted

Sponsored Links
Just called the number on the leaflet (0113 2822710) and the lady that answered said she didn't realise I would need to register the cylinder online to start the warranty. She thinks I need to register it with someone else and will email me later today.

Called the same supplier and they said there is a shortage but can get Joule and Telford cylinders.

In an ideal world, I would want the cylinder changed but realistically, it would be a lot of work and the fitter seems like a nice guy - plus I doubt that the supplier would take this one back!?!?

Sponsored Links
In an ideal world, I would want the cylinder changed but realistically, it would be a lot of work and the fitter seems like a nice guy - plus I doubt that the supplier would take this one back!?!?
The supplier probably won’t, but that’s not really your problem, it’s the installers for not communicating with you correctly throughout the fitting of it. He may seem a nice guy, it’s whether or not his after sales support is up to scratch and the warranty is any good.

The supplier probably won’t, but that’s not really your problem, it’s the installers for not communicating with you correctly throughout the fitting of it. He may seem a nice guy, it’s whether or not his after sales support is up to scratch and the warranty is any good.

You could ask him to personally guarantee it and get it in writing, after expressing your concerns.

So, after a couple of difficult conversations, he has agreed to swap the cylinder.

He has asked me to order the replacement and I wanted to get your thoughts on which of the following you would choose - or any other one:

1) Gledhill ES - £499
2) Joule Cycone - £622
3) RM Optimum - £505
4) Telford Tempest - £586

I have a maximum budget of £650

Thank you

Iirc Ian said Joule. Not a brand I’ve heard of, but he’s more seasoned than me.

I have a Telford Tempest about 15 years old no problems so far touch wood.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Joule, get the best , some others are good too, but Joule wont mess around if you ever need a warranty call

• Thanks
Hi

I'm hoping to get some advice.

Our hot water cylinder needed changing. Our builder recommended an engineer/plumber and we agreed on a Gledhill 300l unvented indirect cylinder - which I paid for upfront (£600).

Came home today to see that he had fitted a Whitewolf Hopson cylinder!

I have searched online for reviews and general information and can't find anything.

Grateful for help with:

1) Whether any of you have come across this cylinder (and what you think of it)
2) What would you do?

Any thoughts?
This is a good own brand by STC of Ruislip. The manufacturer is Wolf a fairly new outfit but the directors all came from another manufacturer who were bought out by Joule its certainly as good as the Gledhill who have had there quality issues
what you have is a stainless steel vessel made by them, everything else is supplied is made by others and that's the same with all of the cylinder manufacturers. the Cylinder has a 25 year warranty the controls have a 1 year guarantee the other manufacturers just about do the same.
I would not worry its as good as the rest and cost wise a little cheaper but not massively

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back