Gledhill v Joule

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any views on Gledhill v Joule for an indirect unvented cylinder?

I was expecting to have a Joule fitted as part of a refurb but have seen that there is a Gledhill on site. Are these of an equivalent performance / quality? Do I have anything to worry about with Gledhill?

Likewise, I was expecting a 300L cylinder but he has deliver a 250L. Is this likely to be sufficient for a house with 2x bathrooms & 1x showroom? Family is 2+2 but I guess we need to cover for guests...

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If the Joule 300L was specified in your quote I would insist that is what is installed

I have a bit more info. They couldn't fit a 300, hence the 250. And they said that they always fit Gledhills and that they are a quality cyclinder

Are Gledhills on a par with a Joule?

I prefer Joule but that is just my preference have heard some saying they dont like Gledhill, I have never fitted one but serviced lots and repaired quite a few

Sponsored Links
I use Gledhill and Joule, ask for twin coil for greater recovery if possible

I much prefer Joule - they seem to be much better made to me. Is a 250L going to be big enough? Hard to say really, it depends on how it's being installed as much as anything. If it's being fitted to a 4-pipe boiler or one capable of a proper hot water priority setup then it'll be more than adequate and you might even be OK with 200L. If it's some crap with poor control options, you need a bigger cylinder to compensate for the boiler providing slower recovery times.

There both quality cylinders and on.par with each other. It very normal to quote one brand and fit another. On my current job it said Gledhill but actually was a RM cylinder ( consequently owned by Joule) purely on the basis that RM could make me a twin coil special 28mm in/out on a short turnaround.
There are some cheaper makes we stopped fitting Aristons as they leaked. Kingspans all the inlet sets letby after a year or so.
Telford tempest are a cheap brand and have changed quite a few young ones fitted by others.

There both quality cylinders and on.par with each other. It very normal to quote one brand and fit another.

Thanks, that is reassuring as I would rather stick with what they have fitted.

I specified Joule as I had hear that they were decent, I am happy if what is fitted is equivalent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back