Differing opinions on whole house pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I am still trying to sort out this pump issue,

I have a cold water tank in the attic which gives fantastic water pressure all around the house, and I have a hot water tank on the landing with bad pressure around the house.

I have been told a single pump for the hot water will be ok, but I have also been told I will need a twin pump to keep the pressures the same.

so I guess my question is, is this just a personal opinion and either will do? or is one right and one is wrong?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have a cold water tank in the attic which gives fantastic water pressure all around the house, and I have a hot water tank on the landing with bad pressure around the house.

It is very much more likely that the cold taps have high pressure because they are fed straight off the watermain (not via the tank)

And that the hot taps have low pressure because the hot cylinder is fed from the cold water storage cistern in the loft.

Turn off your house stopcock and try the taps again.

Sponsored Links
Or there is a blockage in the hot pipe where it comes out of the top of the cylinder, usually a piece of foam.

Andy

To come to any conclusion an examination needs to be made to see what supplies what!

It is very much more likely that the cold taps have high pressure because they are fed straight off the watermain (not via the tank)

And that the hot taps have low pressure because the hot cylinder is fed from the cold water storage cistern in the loft.

Turn off your house stopcock and try the taps again.

I can't believe i didn't think of this! this is exactly what is happening

many thanks

Brett

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back