Digging channel in concrete in garden; route over drains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This image shows my mother's garden. The yellow demarcation represents the deck. The black demarcation represents the boundaries of the building. The red circle represents a drain access cover and the brown square a drain (and gutter pipe). The lightning symbols represent electrical connections and the dotted line represents the channel which I propose to dig in the concrete to contain an electrical cable.

rsytP.png

It appears likely that the channel will cross over the drains. Do I risk damaging the drains by using an angle grinder with diamond stone disc and then a rotary hammer with chisel to cut the channel? Should I instead lead the cable anticlockwise around the deck and make a much shorter channel at the very bottom of the garden/image?

Sponsored Links
I've modified the image to propose two possible alternative routes for the cable which I guess would not require a channel in the areas directly above the drains.

hJzfg.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back