Digging Foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after peoples opinions/suggestions.

I need to dig foundations 2.2meters deep, was thinking about using something like a JCB digger but not sure whether one can fit through the width of a standard door.

What do you think it the best way to approach this and keep costs down to a minimum bearing in mind this is in London!

Sponsored Links
I can't help, however I am sure other people could with more info.

How wide the foundations (Std 600mm?)

How long are they ?

Is this to the rear of the property? (If so what is the exact dimensions for access?)

Why so deep?

Mini digger 1mtr wide 1.5 ton..I work for plant hire co N.London

why are you digging so deep? At 600mm wide & 2.2m deep, for every metre you dig you will have about 2.5tons of spoil. What do you propose to do with that?

Sponsored Links
tanto said:
why are you digging so deep? At 600mm wide & 2.2m deep, for every metre you dig you will have about 2.5tons of spoil. What do you propose to do with that?

Dig another hole and bury it of course.

Original post was 2005 i think by now the footing is dug and the soil been buried in JohnD's hole

Static said:
Original post was 2005 i think by now the footing is dug and the soil been buried in JohnD's hole

Read it again and then post one of these: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back