Digging next to house drain, what's this pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I've removed loads of earth to get a flat area for slabbing. I unexpectedly came across this. It looks like a pipe, it's very tough when tapped and the holes appear to contain fibres, what is this and what's it for?

At first I thought it might have been a pipe to protect some cables, but I can't see anything inside. It doesn't smell and appears dry inside.
c32SNWL.jpg

nGLiiy4.jpg

Sponsored Links
No idea what the pipe is, could be just an old pipe thrown there, why are you digging so deep? surely you can't go below the brickwork.

Thanks for your reply, I used the hose to put water down the rain water trap for the garage guttering (the brickwork you referred to) and I could see it moving through that pipe.

kR2p0Jz.jpg

It's such a strange pipe. Tapping on it with my hand, it feels and sounds like metal and even looks a bit like copper but it can't be as I can see fibres through the hole.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back