Digital of Manual shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking at mains pressure showers and reading about various makes and models on this forum. I am a bit confused as to the pros and cons of manual thermostatics against digitals.

One installer suggested an Aqualisa digital and suggested that the install time would offset the extra cost. Is this correct?

The install will be from an UV system, new pipes from loft space all surface mounted.

I don't mind paying for quality, but I'm not made of cash. What would you have in your own home, if you were paying someone to fit it....?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i never fit a manual shower always thermostatics.
as for the Aqualisa digital are handy if you don't want to start pulling tiles off the wall or looking at pipework up the wall.
as stated the showers cost abit more but the install time less than half so less labour.
we fit many of the digital showers and everyone has been happy with them

Does the reduction in labour really cancel out the extra cost?

What other benefits does digital give over say a Mira Excel

Sponsored Links
i like the digital for ease of install
5 yr warranty.
its all in one unit in the loft.
where mixer valves are very reliable don't get me wrong
but can be a pain when the filters, non return valves, thermostatic cartridge go faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back