dimmer switch help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm trying to wire in my new dimmer and thought it would be a matter of simply swapping it, but the icons are different on my new unit and im not totally sure. On the current one it has 2 red wires going into the L1 port and a yellow wire going into a port with C and an arrow under it, it's earthed on the backplate and there is a black wire and a blue wire connected together. On the new dimmer there is a Live port, S port and a load port. can anyone please help me how to swap it all over without killing myself haha.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Are those blue and black wires connected in a SEPARATE terminal block (ie not to the dimmer?)
Also I guess this is not part of a two way circuit (that means the light can also be switched on and off by another switch - like upstairs and downstairs...)

If so I would expect the two reds to the live and the yellow to the load.

If it doesn't work then swop them over so the yello is to live and the two reds are in the load.

Come back if the above doesn't make sense, or if it works

:)

all done now thanks bud!

yes the black/blue are seperate, and was quite amusing when i connected them to the switch at first, turned the power back on and the hallway light was randomly glowing light then dim haha. but i'm all sorted now thank you very much sir!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back