dimmer switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone solve my dimmr switch problem. I had a metal one on bought a wooden one. On the old one was 2 reds together in L1, 1 red in L2 and the earth green/yellow in a screw fitting on the metal one. Now I have a wooden one with L1 and L2 and C on but where do you put the earth wire!! I have tried the 2 reds together like before and the other red and also tried earth in C but it doesn't work and now when I put the old one back on that it's working either! help!

Sponsored Links
Lucky for you it didnt work, if it did it would have gone bang!

the earth wire should be connected to the earth termial of the box to which it is fixed (there should be a smallbrass terminal at the back. if it is a plastic box you wont have one, in which case put the earth wire into a terminal block )

you should have two reds in L1 and the other in C (c is the terminal at the top)
unfortunately it will be a case of trial and error as to which red goes with which

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back