Dimpull Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently renovating my bathroom and have one of these Dimpull switches. I have attempted to wire it up and just wanted to check with some more knowledgeable people that what I have done is correct...

So, to the dimpull I have the circuit feed (L & N) and out the other side, I have the switched live and N going to a junction box where various spurs head out to the lights. One of the spurs goes to another junction box that has the 3C & E cable from the fan going to it. I have connected the N from the dimpull (via the previous junction box) to the N of the fan and the switched L of the dimpull (via the previous junction box) to the switched live of the fan. To connect the L of the fan, I have taken a single core & E cable feed from the circuit before it enters the dimpull.

This appears to have the desired effect, but I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't overcomplicated things or missed something!

Cheers

Tim

PS. On a side note, I am using LV dimmable spots. In the blurb it says that when used with LV, the max wattage is 175. Does this therefore mean I can only have 3 spots running off that switch?

Sponsored Links
"Does this therefore mean I can only have 3 spots running off that switch?"

Depends on which lamps you use. You could stick to 35w or even 20w (not very bright). But you'd need to be sure no-one mistakenly replaces the lamps with larger wattages in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back