Diplomat 8322 Experience Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have looked over various sites to try and find a solution to my problem and either can't or won't get the dishwasher to work.
Had an 8322 for nearly a year (new house pre installed so warranty run out) it has just started to get 2 mins into cycle and the stops beeps and shows 7 or 6 flashing lights as an error code which i believe is either a water flow meter or water fill error. i followed some advice and took off left panel, took off lead to water meter at bottom of water matrix, put it back on, still nothing. i have read in several places about a reset technique that either i can't get to work or don't realise it has worked. Could someone please explain to me like a 5 year old exactly what to do to reset as there are lots of subtle differences in people's explanations out there.
I am:

1. Pressing 1 button (as in o/1 far left on panel)
2. Pressing start button (furthest right on panel) 4 times in quick succession.

Nothing seems to happen, just that the lights operate as they would normally without a fast fingered button pressing maniac attacking them?
Please help, new baby, stressed wife, little sleep, manic crazed swearing Father!!!
Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sorry forgot to say, in addition with left panel off, i can see the salt container on the right with salt in it , then there is a similar container to the left which appears to be filled up with what looks like brown salt?! Is that right or could that be the source of the problem?
Thanks again.

Hi,
I have looked over various sites to try and find a solution to my problem and either can't or won't get the dishwasher to work.
Had an 8322 for nearly a year (new house pre installed so warranty run out)

Not necessarily out of warranty.
Diplomat is from either MFI or Howdens Joinery.
If new build, then most likely ther builder bought it from HJ.
As far as I know the warranty starts from the date you move in, as opposed to when the builder bought it.
There should have been some paperwork left by the builder.

Ring the warranty people if you've been living there for less than a year.

Diplomat 8322 is a Whirlpool machine.
6 flashes is a problem with water inlet.
7 flashes would indicate a flowmeter failure.

As both errors list the flowmeter in their errors I'd guess that it's the flowmeter.
Left hand panel off, at the bottom of the metering tank near the front is a wheel and a small pcb with a two wire plug plugged onto it.
Unplug it, clean the pcb edge connectoors, tighten the plug a little and push it back on.
Try the machine again. (Reset is a case of holding the start button until the start light goes out)
Still not working? Check that flow of water is sufficient, if it's not then the machine will abort the program as it has failed to fill quickly enough.
Other than that we're looking at the machine misreporting the error and it's a case of checking other items. Unfortunately you're probably looking at getting an engineer at that stage.

To check warranty you'll need the two 12 digit numbers from the label on the right hand side of the door. Post them here and someone will identify when the machine was made.

The reset you've been trying is for an earlier model made by SMEG.

Sponsored Links
sleepyhead, Thank you i have now tried all parts of your advice and to no avail. The machine still does exactly the same. i now have the people who installed the machine looking into the warranty as suggested it may run from when we moved in. Fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back