Diplomat dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to this site I hope I have posted in the right department, I have an integrated Diplomat dishwasher (cant find a model number) service bar code number is 854500015810, I need advice please, the machine fills with water, heats the water,and pumps the water out but it is not cleaning I don't think the 'blades' are spinning, has anyone any suggestions on the fault please before I waste money on a replacement

Sponsored Links
The model number is ADP 8322 & it is made by Whirlpool (Diplomat are re-badged machines).
Take off the spray arms & give them a good clean, the water jets often get blocked by food debris, pips etc.
If blocked they don't turn properly & the wash result is poor.

Thank you, I tried again after cleaning, no joy! do you know if there is a separate motor that pumps the water through the blades, does it have two pumps and one has failed?

Two pumps. A drain pump & circulation pump.
Before rushing off to buy spares check that the dual bore pipe that feeds the spray arms hasn't popped out of its socket. This is a common issue on these models.
The circulation pump looks like this http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=481236158334 you can get at it by taking off the RH side panel.
You ought to be seeing an error code (the start LED flashing in a repeating sequence).

Sponsored Links
Two pumps. A drain pump & circulation pump.
Before rushing off to buy spares check that the dual bore pipe that feeds the spray arms hasn't popped out of its socket. This is a common issue on these models..

That dual bore pipe drives us nuts, I have tried alsorts of special glues and epxoies to hold the wretched thing in but it always manages to somehow come free.

Ours has recently developed the same symptoms as this, it fills with water and drains fine but doesn't really clean anything and I noticed on the hot cycle it sounds like the water is cavitating (sounds a bit like the arms are hitting the plates, but they aren't).

I suspect the pump is knackered, half of me wants to get it fixed but it will cost about £150 to have someone come and sort it out I suspect. The other half thinks sod it and go and get another one because this wretched thing just drives us nuts - any recommendations for a new dishwasher?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back