Dipping/gapping roof tiles?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought the bungalow 8 months ago and have undertaken a fair bit or refurbishment on it.

Since day one the roof tiles did gap slightly, as I will exlain below, on the right of the house (both back and front) and now I have noticed it has begun to do it on the left side also.

(our roof is an Apex) It looks as though the tiles sit on the wall that goes up into the loft and then the tiles seem to gap/drop/lift in a straight line from the peak of the roof where the wall top ends, down to the bottom of the roof by the guttering, literally following the length and the edge of the width of the wall.

Is my roof strong enough? is it just general movement?

Would really apprecaite any experience or knowledge on this one. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Has the roof been like this since you bought it or is this just happening (can't quite make it out from your post).

This does happen as the roof settles over the years after build but of course the wall will stay rigid and will keep the tiles higher than the remainder of the roof, also happens at the gables

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back