Dipping...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I cant find anywhere to dip doors locally and so thought I could make up my own dipping bath.. Does anyone know the ratio of caustic to add per gallon/litre of water for a good concentration.

If not, does anyone know anywhere to dip in the EX23 area, North Cornwall,
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Are you aware of the hazardous nature of the material, by any chance? Hope you've got appropriate safety gear (masks, goggles, P2 breather, rubber boots, aprons, etc - and a good first aid kit

It doesn't work on most modern gloss finishes.

And it destroys the internal structure of the door removing all natural oils leading to warpage and collapse of joint integrity.

Sponsored Links
And it destroys the internal structure of the door removing all natural oils leading to warpage and collapse of joint integrity.
Better stripping firms have a gentler system where instead of immersing the whole door in a tank they us a low pressure wash hose affair and put the door in a shallow tray (to return the fluids to the reservoir). That type is much less likely to dissolve the glue in the joints.

You will be putting yourself at risk never mind the damage you could do to the doors, I wouldnt advise it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back