Dirty plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Travis Perkins delivered some plasterboard sheets, a couple of them are filthy.

I am going to board and then get someone in to skim.

Do the boards need to be clean?

I've also heard that boards need to skimmed soon after they've been installed - is this true?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Travis Perkins delivered some plasterboard sheets, a couple of them are filthy.

I am going to board and then get someone in to skim.

Do the boards need to be clean?

Just give them a wipe off and make sure they have no loose dirt/muck on them and they will be fine.

I've also heard that boards need to skimmed soon after they've been installed - is this true?

No.

It's a pity you didn't tell TP's about it Joe,,,,, anyway,, as you're going to skim them i'd give the dirty sheets a rub over with a cloth and clean water, just enough to get the worst of any muck off. Don't make it too wet or rub too hard on the sheets though.

It's always better if you intend skimming the boards, to do it as soon as possible after they're put on. If you leave them bare for too long, (many many months), then it would be advisable to seal them before you skim them, because they would have a lot of suction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back