Dirty Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just laid some ceramic tiles in the utility, matt black.
Picture shows tiles whilst being laid.

Trouble is they mark really easy, walking on them with slightly damp feet leaves a dirty big mark and we are having to clean them every day.
I have tried polishing them to give them a bit of a easy clean shine but it went all frosty. tried a clear liquid polish that is applied with a damp cloth then left to dry.
This highlighted the cleaning we had done and left dirty streak marks.
Any ideas or product knowledge much appreciated
346785784%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3274%3E%3A39%3E%3A45%3EWSNRCG%3D32336373%3A%3A663nu0mrj

Sponsored Links
I would not put polish on ceramic tiles. It could make them dangerously slippy. Regret to say that in my opinion there is not much you can do about it. Black floors like black cars show up all the dirt. I think you need to ascertain the quickest easiest method to clean them. Probably a micro fibre mop.

Wash them with tepid water and a mild detergent.

Wait for them to dry, then wash them again.

Repeat until spotlessly clean.

Then coat with a proprietary sealant designed for this type of tile. If you do this before grouting then the grout will come off the tiles more easily.

Then clean off the excess grout, then wash again, dry again, and apply a second coat of sealant, this time covering the grout too.

Hi Softus, cheers for that, im up to the last stage of your comments, the picture was posted as a guide to the tiles i have, since then its been grouted and cleaned up, its when it dries that the problem occurs or after very light traffic
Do you or anyone else recommend any good floor sealers,
I tried Klear, but it dried awfully and looked like a swarm of silverfish had set up residence on the tiles

Sponsored Links
I haven't laid matt black tiles before, so I don't want to recommend anything in case it looks hideous, but I do recommend that you ask at the place where you bought the tiles.

aha

black matt ceramic tiles

good floor sealers

well after laying many years ago all over when down in London ....

BAL

is your product ....
go here
http://www.bpindex.co.uk/manf.html?id=1060

BAL FLOOR TILE POLISH

Give them a ring an have a word 1st an they will say if you need a sealer after buff
hope this helps

mods
this aint an advert but recommend ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back