Disabled bath with power shower into a jacuzzi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I've moved into a house that has a disabled bath installed (pic attached). The hot water in the bath is fed via a motor, which starts when a button is pressed on the bath and turns off when the hot water tap is closed.

The hot water is fed via the tank (don't know the size) in the airing cupboard and it generally gets cold after 1 bath full.

Since there is already an electrical connection under the bath and a motor, I was thinking of installing a small size jacuzzi (preferably a corner one would look better) in its place.

Would this be a wise idea? What is the smallest size jacuzzi and how much would it cost? Could I re-use any bits from the existing set up? Could I fit the jacuzzi myself (I am fairly good at plumbing and reasonable with electrics)?

I am planning to take the bath out this coming weekend, so please advise if anything needs to be given extra care or if there are some predefined steps of taking out a bath with power shower.

The size of bath is 1500 mm by 100 mm (it is not a corner one at the moment).

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hello all
hello

I've moved into a house that has a disabled bath installed (pic attached). The hot water in the bath is fed via a motor, which starts when a button is pressed on the bath and turns off when the hot water tap is closed.
A pump
The hot water is fed via the tank (don't know the size) in the airing cupboard and it generally gets cold after 1 bath full.
approximate height would be nice
Since there is already an electrical connection under the bath and a motor, I was thinking of installing a small size jacuzzi (preferably a corner one would look better) in its place.
simplest way to ascertain whether the the cable/spur supplying this would be to look at the FCU or consumer unit MCB from whence it comes. Then google for required power ratings for jacuzzi pumps
Would this be a wise idea? What is the smallest size jacuzzi and how much would it cost?
google for sizes and costs - this forum isn't a shop
Could I re-use any bits from the existing set up?
the existing pump probably
Could I fit the jacuzzi myself (I am fairly good at plumbing and reasonable with electrics)?
Plumbing not likely to be too much of a problem, but you are required to use a qualified electrician for the electrics (remember thaconveyancing you paid for -part of it was to make sure that the house was up to spec, and where approproate, had the relevant paperwork)
I am planning to take the bath out this coming weekend, so please advise if anything needs to be given extra care or if there are some predefined steps of taking out a bath with power shower.
Isolate water and electric supplies. Softly softly catchy monkey.

Hello all

Would this be a wise idea? What is the smallest size jacuzzi and how much would it cost?
Thanks for your replies in advance.
Psst. wanna buy a corner Jacuzzi ;) . I have one residing in my summerhouse . I`d find a home for that old one too.( well, I am near Eastbourne) Seriously. Mine will fit in a medium sized van - open to offers. I could list it on a " auction site" with pics etc. I`ll buy/sell anything to turn a shilling ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies folks. So nice of you!

Dextrous, FYI, the hot water tank is 18 inches (46 cms) in diameter and 35 inches long (90 cms) approx. There is not much room around it, so its the best I could measure.

I know this forum is not a shop, was just gathering some knowledge about sizes.

Nige, excellent suggestion. I can accomodate 1500 mm by 100 mm max (tight fitting) in the bathroom. I found this size online for £350 all in including taps, pump, waste etc collection from a London Warehouse.

Could I've your jacuzzi's pics please (or make model etc) and expected price etc? My email is [email protected]

I would also like to part exchange my disbled bath, if possible with you.
Would your corner bath fit in a S-Max/ Galaxy?
P.S. I am only looking in white.
Many thanks once again guys!

I know this forum is not a shop, was just gathering some knowledge about sizes.
Wasn't being funny with you - really was suggesting that this may not be the best place to ask about latest prices and offers.

Hope you get it sorted with Nige.

But don't forget that you need an electrician. I thought I was handy with electrics and plumbing until I worked alongside some pros. They know stuff that we don't:!:

point taken dextrous, will get a sparky for the job, atlest they are not as expensive as plumbers..

Do you think the cylinder is big enough for a jacuzzi bath?

Tamz

Hope you are not expecting a gift from Nige :p

dextrous

What did you write that you want to delete? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back