Disappearing electrician & building regs sign off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently had an extension build and the electrician has disappeared without installing the spot lights or plug sockets.
I need to get the electrics signed off for building regs.
Can I get any other qualified electrician to come in, install the spots and sockets and then sign it off or do I have to keep trying to track the original guy down?

Sponsored Links
I have paid him half of the money so I know I am going to be out of pocket but not as bad as if I had paid him in full

Sponsored Links
Can I get any other qualified electrician to come in, install the spots and sockets and then sign it off or do I have to keep trying to track the original guy down?
You can get someone in to install lights and sockets and certify the installation of the lights and sockets.

He will not certify any work he did not do, so if that includes the cables for the lights, the cables for the sockets, an other electrical work, you won't have anything to show for that.

I have recently had an extension build and the electrician has disappeared
Have you complained to the Competent Person scheme he belonged to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back