signing off for an extension

G

greeny4

ive laid all the cable and wired all the sockets and switches for my new extension. Ive added 3 more circuits to my existing consumer box as there was space. 1 is for lights in extension for downstairs(sun room), 1 for upstairs(2 bedrooms and en suite) and the other circuit is for all of the sockets up and down. As its under building control i need to get it signed off. Do i get an electrician to check and sign off or is covered under building control and up to them to check? Also what checks do they have to do as i want to get it plastered cheers Rick.

Sponsored Links
Notifiable work should be checked by Building controls that is what you have paid your fee for.
They should inspect on first fix and second fix. Then test installation and sign it off.

Does it not depend on what was put on the planning application? If the application included the electrical work then it is up to LABC to check the installation as it has gone in, if not then a separate application for the electrical work; otherwise use a registered electrician - in this case too late :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back