Discoloured tatp water - new bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new bathroom suite a couple of months back and i had to make some minor changes to the pipework. The bath mixer has since started to show discoloured water when you first turn it on for a few seconds. The water from the basin and the thematic shower seems fine, it just seems to be the bath mixer and its the same for both hot and cold if it hasn't been turned on for say 12 or more hours? I know this usual indicates a leak somewhere but as its happening for both hot and cold I'm struggling to believe that? Also the hot and cold feeds for the shower comes off the same tee connectors as the bath mixer. I would have expected to see the same results from the shower? The only joins/connections on the pipework after the tee connectors are flexi-hoses from the tee to the mix. I also have similar flexi-hoses from the same tees to the shower?

The mixer is a large one, could it be just holding water in the faucet section which is going stale overtime and when the hot or cold tap is turned on this is the first thing flushed out?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back