Disconnect dishwasher - how to block off pipes under sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're going to be moving house soon. I've been looking at the dishwasher pipes under the sink in the kitchen and I was wondering what I would need to attach to the pipe connections when I disconnect the dishwasher's water and waste pipes.

The water pipe from the dishwasher (pictured below) screws on to the pipework under the sink. Is there a stop cap that you can buy which will screw on where the dishwasher water pipe currently connects?

The waste pipe (also pictured below) connects under the sink to the pre-existing plastic waste piping. Is there a stop cap or something that you can buy to block this off after the dishwasher waste pipe is disconnected?

Thanks for your help.

Dishwasher Water Pipe:

Dishwasher Waste Pipe:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the waste pipe connector part is too small - the connector that the dishwasher waste connects to (the bit that screws in) is much bigger.

I think we need a blanking cap or something that will screw on to the waste pipe connector. Does anyone know if you can get these?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back