Disconnect hot tub at isolator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i have a hot tub being sold and wonder whether i can diconnect it myself.

It has its own fuse in my fuse box, armoured cable running around the garage, then meets an IP66 isolator switch just outside, similar to this one http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ip...oAQ&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i|0;d|TKthmKedaI7jIM:

If i turn off the tub's fuse, am i able to unscrew the isolator, and pull out the tub wiring? To be sure, i can turn off all power first, rather than rely on the special fuse.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
OK

So one chunky cable goes to the hot tub and one to the consumer unit?

If so.

Turn power off at the consumer unit and check it is off using safe isoaltion procedures (see sticky/wiki)

Then open up your isolator. Disconnect the cable that goes to the hot tub.
Remove the cable, leaving it connected at the hot tub end (that'll help the buyer).

Put a stop grommett in the hole in the isolator. Put cover back on teh isolator.You can leave the isolator where it is.

Turn power back on..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back