United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a

Whirlpool ADG 994 AV
TYPE: NGLM
Service Code 8542 994 15420 33 9950 017636

The problems are :-

1. The machine does not heat up

2. It stops just before the end the cycle.

This is the sequence of events:-

You select a programme and hit the start button and the machine fills and goes through the cycle. Right at the end of the cycle (it sounds like the machine is draining at that point) it stops and the led starts to flash. If you leave it, it will just flash forever. If you hold the start button down for about 5 seconds the machine restarts, and 30 seconds later the cycle is ended, and you are ready start again.

At no point does it warm up. Cold water goes in, and it stays cold. This means the wash is not very good, and the dishes end up all wet.

The machine does not have error codes that can be taken from the flashes of the led - like I said, it just keeps on flashing, continuouisly and with no gaps.

My reasoning is that the machine must think that the water has reached the right temperature - that is why the cycle goes ahead. So the first error is going ahead with water at the wronmg temperature. The seocnd fault happens when the heater should come on to dry off the dishes. Both of these faults suggest it is s temperature sensing problem. Do I need a new thermostat or something like that?

I would love some advice from better brains than mine! Thanks ahead to anyone who knows the solution to this.

Regards

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi,i had the same problem with a zanussi dishwasher and it wouldnt heat up and the programmer was showing different wash times to what they usually do,the problem turned out to be the heating element was broken and what that does sometimes is that it buggers up the programmer which it did in my case,luckily mine was still under warranty so got it fixed for nothing but what he had to do was literally take the whole machine apart to get to the bits,sounds like an element prob to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back