Dishwasher and Washing machine one waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to move washing machine and dishwasher to new location in kitchen. Question is can i plumb waste for both into single outlet through wall. Just concerned if both empty together would it be too much for single outlet. ??? Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
Looking to move washing machine and dishwasher to new location in kitchen. Question is can i plumb waste for both into single outlet through wall. Just concerned if both empty together would it be too much for single outlet. ??? Any advice welcome.
Should be fine, use 40mm pipe, ideally have one stand pipe for each but you can get adaptors to fit on top of a single one with an air break

Could I have one open top upstand for washing machine, with single spigot half way down for dishwasher connection.??

Could I have one open top upstand for washing machine, with single spigot half way down for dishwasher connection.??
Not supposed to due to cross flow risk, but it would work as long as you looped up the pipe that goes in lower, however seems unnecessary:
V33WM less than a tenner from your nearest wickes
https://www.wickes.co.uk/McAlpine-V33WM-Connection-for-Standpipe-Trap-38mm/p/227038
T3274_227038_00

Sponsored Links
So see this has a vent hole,, Does this sit as a cap on top of stand pipe and allow hole as vent pipe.. apologies for what seem silly questions,, just never seen one before.

I added a T onto a standpipe trap and that's worked fine for years.

Like this:
IMG_7040.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back