Dishwasher Door Wont Close

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate that this problem may have been posted many times before but I appear to have checked everything and I'm now at a loss as to what I need to do now.

A couple of weeks ago my dishwasher (Hotpoint SDW60) had just started it's cycle when the Mrs opened the door to put something else in. On trying to close the door she found whenever she pushed the door closed it would pop back open as soon as she took her hand off. The door closes and clicks but then just pops back open again.

I checked the door catch which seemed OK so I then took the side panels off and checked the hinges and they were moving fine with no obstructions. I've checked around the door to see if anything is blocking it and cant see anything. The door closes fine with no resistance but just wont stay closed. It wont even close when it's empty and the trays have been taken out.

Without anything left to try, I bought a new catch and fitted it but still no joy.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Sponsored Links
Look at the top edge of the dishwasher. The hook that goes into the lock has slipped back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back