Dishwasher drain pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an integrated Beko DIN15R10 dishwasher, it stopped during the cycle and gave an error code p1 that was flashing, it sounded like the drain pump was still running but no water going into it. There was water in the tray underneath, which at the time I couldn’t work out where it was coming from, but have found out it was as likely from the door seals.

I have taken the side panels off and base tray to get a proper look and propped it up on bricks, I have cleaned all the accessible hoses including the drain hose. I have taken the drain pump off and cleaned it.

When I run it now it goes through the cycle but the drain pump will not turn on, on the base in the middle is a sensor not sure the name is it a solenoid! I believe that when water was getting under the Polystyrene ring it was cutting the pump off. If you lift the Polystyrene ring with the wires on it starts the pump and drains let it down again and it stops. When the water gets to the door seal height it leaks through.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Many yhanks

Sponsored Links
The water goes to the bottom to float the polystyrene when some part of the water circuit is blocked. On my half height washer, the waste water goes through a plastic box. This box is plugged up with grease and scale gunk once a few years. To unblock that, I disconnect it from the hoses and fill it with bleach to soak until unblocked and clean. Your appliance might be in the same situation. Look for stuff connected by hoses and see if they are blocked inside.

Thank you for your reply. This is very useful. I have cleaned all the pipes I can assess before. If I lift the float the pump kicks in and the system does drain.

Your post has made me realise that when water gets under the float it kicks the pump on, this I assume is because for some reason the pump won’t turn on. So the water builds up inside the dish washer and leaks through the seal.

Does anyone know why the pump won’t turn on, I’m guessing the pump is faulty as it will turn on when the float is lifted, pcb board issue?

Thanks

Does anyone know why the pump won’t turn on, I’m guessing the pump is faulty as it will turn on when the float is lifted, pcb board issue?

Thanks

If the pump runs, then it cannot be faulty. As you suggest, a pcb fault - maybe a failed relay.. I would guess that the signal to run the pump, must have some means to inhibit the running of the pump, at certain times during the wash program - it must be inhibited by something on the pcb, so likely a relay on the pcb.

Sponsored Links
People can't do much without pictures. Is the float inside the washing compartment or down at the base plate of the machine?

The float is on the base of the machine
1926B858-9144-434F-BAF7-7A6B7998C70D.jpeg
4DC96338-71D7-4BEC-B6AF-7589994FC407.jpeg
85AEF7E9-D384-4DA1-BC63-59AB9A5699F1.jpeg

Can I chance a relay on a pcb myself or would I need an expert to do this?
If the pump turns on and drains the dishwasher when forced by lifting the float would this negate that there could be a blockage somewhere?

When water gets to the base, that represents a dangerous condition. The water will lift the float to turn off power to some of the components.

Of course not all machines work alike. It is possible that on your machine, when water is detected at the base, an over fill is flagged. So the machine turns on the pump to remove the excessive water from the washing compartment.

If you know exactly from where the water is getting to the base, then examine the seals and see if they need replacing. Rubber gaskets do fail over time. Some fail quicker than other.

Last edited:
I think the water is coming from the door there is what appears an overflow tube, on the bottom corner at each side near the door. I can only assume that water is building up inside as the pump is not emptying it and when it gets to the seal height it goes through, this gets to the float lifts it up and the pump kicks in to empty the dishwasher. I have checked for leaks elsewhere and had the dishwasher propped up and can not see any.

Attachments

• 739CA6BA-E110-4786-819E-A0A864148CEE.jpeg
    739CA6BA-E110-4786-819E-A0A864148CEE.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 45
There should be a float inside the washing compartment. If that is stuck at the bottom. The machine will think the compartment is empty and not turning on the pump. Find the float and assess if it is stuck. A stuck float could cause an overfill that leaks to the bottom pan.

Last edited:
There should be a float inside the washing compartment. If that is stuck at the bottom. The machine will think the compartment is empty and not turning on the pump. Find the float and assess if it is stuck. A stuck float could cause an overfill that leaks to the bottom pan.
Ah great I will have a look, can’t say I’ve seen anything obvious.

It will be below the water jet blade, and about the level of the bottom of the door when it is closed. It could be under a cover fixed on by screw.

Just to clarify a few things, the anti flood in the base floats when you have a leak hits a microswitch and makes the drain pump run continuously also gives you the P1 fault code. It appears you have an overfill situation if water is getting high enough to reach the overfill escape tube. Your fill is controlled by a flow meter, bottom left with the two reinforced hoses on your last picture which regardless of your water pressure will take in the same amount. Flow meters are fairly reliable but broken wires in the door harness to the fill circuit are common on Beko dishwashers.If you remove the lower white door panel have a close look at the wiring harness for broken wires.

Thanks for replies. I’ve tried locating a float inside but can’t see anything. From the photos can you point me in the right direction.
I can’t get to the flow meter as I have put it back in place, but will take it out in a few days. Even if the flow meter had water scale would this affect the pump turning on.

Attachments

• 88BADDE8-BC4A-4422-929D-9D291414A436.jpeg
    88BADDE8-BC4A-4422-929D-9D291414A436.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 48
  • ECE55315-33B6-46E7-8F4E-F2A8024B2B73.jpeg
    ECE55315-33B6-46E7-8F4E-F2A8024B2B73.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 1DFF6C2D-3520-4D2F-9C62-E5F010B13A9F.jpeg
    1DFF6C2D-3520-4D2F-9C62-E5F010B13A9F.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 79B55821-92C5-4185-A0CB-DFA53E4F5FD7.jpeg
    79B55821-92C5-4185-A0CB-DFA53E4F5FD7.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 64194F86-65CA-4549-8C23-B696B968D0D5.jpeg
    64194F86-65CA-4549-8C23-B696B968D0D5.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 49

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back