Dishwasher Hotpoint Aquarius DWF34 - no water coming in!!

I have an old Hotpoint DF51. I've had the problem of it not filling with water twice now. I tried tipping it backwards etc, but the problem persisted. I finally fixed it by removing the filters etc from the drainage hole inside the unit. Then shoved a garden hose pipe a few inches down the waste pipe and blasted it for a couple of seconds. Hey presto. The blockage was cleared and everything worked fine. You'll need to turn the dishwasher on to drain the water of course :)

Sponsored Links
psmithne, welcome to the forum, I think its safe to say that rdw exteriors has solved it by now, since it was asked on Sat May 26, 2007

at the rate this forum moves anything over a month is considered old

Don't forget that later often people encounter the same problems. Any solution logged here (even if it can't be used by the person who asked the original question), will be used again (and again).

I just fixed our dishwasher using Scotsman's advice. Thanks mate!

- Rob

Sponsored Links
The tipping the macxhine quite a way back has helped me get mine working thanks,was really worried as cant afford repair so thrilled found the post thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back