DISHWASHER KITCHEN DOOR ISSUE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
thanks in advance to whoever will give me some help.
I have an Ikea Kitchen unite, the one with the dishwasher in it. The folding door does not fit anymore inside the kitchen cabinet; and this is breaking the parts of the door.
Basically, I am not sure why and how, the kitchen cabinet had shrink at the bottom; on the top it's fine but at the bottom is shorter of 5/6 mm; this is the reason why now the door when is opening is touching and damaging the dishwasher door/ and the cabinet itself.
There is a way to make wider the cabinet without having to cut the door?
Many Thanks in advance
Saverio

Sponsored Links
Does not make sense , if door has shrunk why would you want to cut it down?

Hi Foxhole.Sorry I might not make myself clear. The door it's fine, it's the kitchen cabinet has shrunk at the bottom of 5mmm; so now the door when closing is damaging the corners of the cabinet and the door itself. I need to find a solution to make wider the bottom so that the door when closing does not chip the corners. thanks in advance for any tips

can you post some photos please
If the cabinet has dropped - perhaps some images of that
IS there actually a cabinet or is it just a hole , with the door on ?
I know my kitchen was just a HOLE with a bit of plinth at the bottom and not a specific cabinet to take the dishwasher which stood on its on feet and had an integrated door fixed to the dishwasher itself

Sponsored Links
so its not a cabinet BUT a hole
And so the cabinet must have moved on one or both of the side cabinets - if you have side cabinets or maybe an END panel -
we dont know how its all setup

photos of your setup would really help, rather than a link to another thread, which may not be configured exactly as yours

Do you have side cabinets each side of the dishwasher ?
Do you have shelves in the side cabinets
The bottom part of each cabinet should be fixed to the sides - usually with screw which pulls the sides into the shelf top - bar and bottom shelf complete shelf

any gaps there ?

Hi Etaf, thanks for helping me out. I have attached pictures and I have marked in red where is the issue.
Do you have side cabinets each side of the dishwasher ? Both side: On the right side there a hole with the sink on it. On the left a hole cabinet with 2 drawer.
Do you have shelves in the side cabinets See above

Attachments

• InkedIMG_3220_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_3220_LI.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3221.jpg
    IMG_3221.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 480
There is another cabinet and the freezer

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpg
    IMG_3225.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 69
can we see a photo of that door closed and the gap by the drawers and by the side panel - is it catching on the DOOR or the side of the carcus?

the door is catching the bottom of the carcus..

Attachments

• IMG_3228.jpg
    IMG_3228.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 96
whats the gap like at the other side of the dishwasher door , is that still even and small all the way from top to bottom.
Difficult to see what is touching , from the photo , look like its touching the door on the other unit , rather than the carcass - the door on the other unit to the right , may be adjusted from the hinge to move it to the right slightly.
I know these hinge can move over time, as i have often had to reset the hinges (NOTE only as a DIYer helping friends and family)
and then as the dishwasher door pivots , it seems to be catching the bottom of the carcass.

what adjustment is on the dishwasher door itself. Is it still Square on the actual Dishwasher door ?

Sorry Its difficult to see, whats changed , something has moved slightly, not really shrunk , so moved out of square

Looks like dishwasher has not been secured to worktop? Constantly opening the door has caused the dishwasher to tip slightly resulting in the contact with unit.
Level the dishwasher again and secure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back