IKEA integrated dishwasher door problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Maybe this isnt posted in the right section but heres my problem.

Had a kitchen, bought from IKEA, fitted in March by a private kitchen fitter.

The integrated dishwasher door has developed a problem.

I can quite figure out what has happened , but basically the gap at the bottom between the adjacent cupboards kicks in at the bottom. So i dont have a 600mm gap. Its 595mm.

Hence everytime I open the dish washer, the door catches on this smaller gap and pulls off the appliance door.

I upgraded to the BEHJÄLPLIG fitting for the door, after the old screws worked their way out of the original fittings. At least now the door detaches without further damage.

Firstly, why has this happened? is this a fault with the kitchen I should be contacting IKEA about? (dont know how interested they would be with this problem TBH?)

Most importantly, can anyone suggest a fix.

I have tried a wedge between the two adjacent cupboards, but this impedes the action of the door.

The reduced gap only seems apparent right at the bottom of the cupboards.

Hopefully the pics will help explain the problem
IMG_20160906_095043.jpg
IMG_20160906_095057.jpg
IMG_20160906_095108.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Units either side must be out of level or defective to reduce the gap.

Hi Tred! I have exactly the same issue!!! How did you managed to solve it?? Please let me know!
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back