Dishwasher maximum length flexible waste pipe

L

lms

Hi, I was wondering if this idea I present to you is feasible or not.

I would like to position a dishwasher which would result in a 5m length of flexible waste pipe being used, terminating in an under sink spigot.

I plan to use flexible pipe extension(s), with jubilee clips throughout.

It would start from the bottom of the machine, rising vertically for approx 700mm, bend over, and then begin a gradual slope for 4m, dropping around 200mm over the length of the 4m. It would then go into the spigot under the sink.

My thinking is the machines pump will be fine for pumping the initial head of water (700mm), but will it be OK to force the remaining 4m of water down the gradual downward slope, or will there still be too much back pressure? The spigot is well above the u bend so the water is exiting into air.

When the pump stops the water in the 4m section will drain under gravity to the u bend stopping stagnant water.

What do people think? Any comments would be most appreciated.

Regards lms

Sponsored Links
It should work OK. If it does give trouble you could replace the hose extension with normal 40mm waste pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back