Fitting extended wate pipe to dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing a Hotpoint dishwasher and the waste pipe is not long enough to reach pipe under the sink. I have tried extending this with another length of pipe, plus the relevant connectors, but whatever I try just kept leaking at the join. So I bit the bullet and bought a 4m waste pipe direct from Hotpoint. This arrived but there are no instructions on how to install it. It looks like I have to take the side off of the dishwasher to get to where the waste pipe is attached to the dishwasher. Is that right? Can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
before you do all that is the hose long enough?

yes you will have to access the pump to fit new hose, have you read the manual? (i never worked on dishwashers, so i do not know) if you are still having problems call hotpoint

Yes I have checked the hose length and it's long enough. So far so good :)

But looking at the dishwasher it seem you have to remove the side to get to the screws to remove the back to get at the pump. What a hassle :(

Nevermind, a longer job than I first thought.

I may contact Hotpoint and see what they have to say.

Thanks

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back