DIY Dunce - Dishwasher Waste pipe with leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so bad at DIY but unfortunately I can't justify the money spend on installing the new dishwasher (£90)

Anyway Installation itself has been ok but it seems that I may have been forceful in trying to get the wastepipe into place as I now have a tiny hole that is leaking water about 20" from where the wate pipe goes into the waste under the sink.

Do I have to replace the whole pipe? - ie Get the integrated dishwasher unplugged from water supply, lower its legs and remove from space, replace hose

Or is there some way I can patch the tiny hole? It's a Beko DW600 integrated

Here's a picture of where the waste pipe feeds from the dishwasher Click to enlarge:

Sponsored Links
Yes you have to replace the hose , the hose is ribbed so I dont think trying to glue or stick anything on it will stick.

Hello again rocks.

Thanks for your response after helping last time.

Any idea how I do it?

My old dishwasher is the exact same model and is waiting in my garden to be taken to the dump so I can practice on that one first!

You should be able to remove the base which is poss 6 screws then the hose is clipped on the drain pump , have a practice on the old one then you know what to do.

Sponsored Links
Fernox LX which is a silicon sealant designed to fix leaks in pipes could help. Its can be used on hot and cold water systems.

Smells a bit till cured and is a pain to get off fingers but we use it on small holes in tubs, poor seals etc.

That is a clip to stop the pipe rubbing on the bare metal , there must be screws on the base or side cos you ain't gonna get that pipe out that small hole and replace it unless your a mouse , can u post a pic of the base and side. any screws on the lip of the base ?

Just below the inlet valve at the back is a screw that is to the base there should be another 1 or 2 along the edge then the base falls off , if it's brand new why don't you claim under gtee repair or did you hole it. If you did deny it saves you doing it.

Try it you ain't got nothing to lose , at least if they don't take the old one you got shed loads of spares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back