Dishwasher not Working - Please Help IGNORE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a smeg dwi 614 dishwasher which this morning has decided to give us an error message of "E8".

According to the smeg website this most likely means that the "alternate washing valve" is faulty. Is there anything we should check before we go out and get a new one (they aren't cheap!) as the smeg site doesn't give anything else.

If we do have to fit a new one, is this something that can be done diy - i am pretty competent at diy and have fitted parts to other machines in the past both plumbing such as washing machines and others.

If you think its ok for me to give it a try, can anyone please help me find the valve. Smeg says its onthe underside of the dishwasher - can it be reached from the inside or do i have to turn the machine upside down.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Zigs

Sponsored Links
http://www.smeg-service.co.uk/support/index.php?a=3#2

click dishwashers, then error code in the search e8 comes up.
36_1_11.gif

Hi Seco

Thanks for the link. We've been on that site and its there that we found that an E8 error msg can mean either the alternate valve is faulty (or something else!).

There are no technical pictures of where the vlalve is connected either. It just says its on the underside of the dishwasher. I just dismantled a few things on the bottom of the dishwasher to see whether I could get to the vlave from the inside - but can't.

I was also wondering whether it could de the filter that joins onto the tap for the incoming water supply - apparently you sometimes need to clean this filter.

Any help much appreciated!

sorry but im in the same boat as you only a plumber don't get involved in dishwasher etc.
but im sure someone here can help.

Sponsored Links
The alternating valve is fitted between the circulation pump and the pipework feeding the spray arms.

Hi Sleepyhead

Thanks for your post. Do you know the best way to access the alternating valve? Smeg say iuts located at the "base of the dishwasher" but i can't access it by removing the inside panel. Do we need to turn it upside down to get to it?

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back