Dishwasher trips the house towards the end of the cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Becko dishwasher for about 5 years, only used twice a week and we always rinse the plates and cups before they go in so it has been well looked after.
When I put it on, after about an hour towards the end of the cycle it always trips the whole house.
Any ideas on how to fix? or how much it will cost?

Sponsored Links
I assume your dishwasher is tripping the RCD main switch in your consumer unit.
I had this same problem with a washing machine.
I traced it to a minor water leak dripping straight into the motor windings (!) which caused my RCD to trip after an hour or so. Fixing the leak stopped my RCD tripping.
I’m not familiar with dishwashers though- have you looked underneath it for signs of a water leak?
There are other possible causes of your problem and no doubt others will come along and advise.

Sponsored Links
Could be insulation breakdown in the heater drying element causing your RCD to trip.
Remember your RCD is doing its job of telling you there’s something wrong that needs to be fixed.
If you’re not confident about pulling apart your major domestic appliances, you might consider calling in a professional repairer to sort this one out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back