Dishwasher Problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a candy slimline dishwasher, After moving house 5 weeks ago, we have just installed it, problem being that 5 minutes into the cycle it trips the electric off, It has been stored in the corner of the kitchen so hasnt got wet, It is plugged into an extension along with the fridge... (On a spur socket I have been told by father in law...) although the dishwasher still trips the electric when plugged straight into the wall on its own.

Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix the problem...

Thanx
Jon :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Just a wild guess, but the first few minutes of a dishwashing cycle are to pump out the residual water, ready to accept new clean cold water, followed by the heating element being switched on. So, it could be the inlet solenoid or the element - but who knows really! :)

first thing to look for is water in the base
tip it backwasrds and see if any water appears on the floor

first thing to look for is water in the base
tip it backwasrds and see if any water appears on the floor

Just checked this and no water :confused:
Any ideas??? Really need to get this working if poss as we have some guests staying and I cant comtemplate all the washing up... :eek:

Sponsored Links
First thing I'd do is check that the breaker for your circuit is the right capaciy for a ring main (32amp). When we moved into this house one of our 13amp kitchen sockets was on the downstairs lighting circuit. Classy or what?...

If you can get to a different ring with an extension, I would try that.

First thing I'd do is check that the breaker for your circuit is the right capaciy for a ring main (32amp). When we moved into this house one of our 13amp kitchen sockets was on the downstairs lighting circuit. Classy or what?...

Hi and thanks for your response, All checked and when the dishwasher blows the electric, its only the appliances that turn off and not the lights, so I think the electric supply is ok, apart from it being run off a spur, The dishwasher blows the electric no matter where it is plugged into in the kitchen.

Any other ideas??

i just ran an extension from upstairs to the dishwasher,the electrics still blew,im asuming its a fault with the washer itself,can anyone advise? im really stuck without the dishwasher as im a carer for my partner who is disabled,it really takes a hell of a burden off me when its in action??

thank u all for your help
jon

seems the element is the suspect

is there enough water coming in to cover the heating element in the actual base for a start

also (whilst switched off) have a look at the condition of the element, anything other than smooth is a possible failure

also the seal where the element disappears into the base, is the seal there looking broken. the very slightest leak will trip it. you could put 4 litres or so of hot water and leave for 3 or 4 hours and have a look underneath for tiny leaks.

i wish you luck

thank you cakeman for your help
i took the machine apart the other day only to find loads of gunk and leaks goming from just about every pipe and orofice on the washer.
so i ordered a new washer i think the old one has just about had it.
thanks again for your time and help.
regards jon :)

well done jon :)

next time get a bosch , a good clean secondhand will be ok if you don't want to spend too much . avoid cheaper models

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back