Dishwasher Waste pipe leaking - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently moved into a new house and I am sure that the fitting under the sink is completely wrong for a dishwasher waste pipe.

I have attached a picture of where the previous tenants said they put their pipe. Now in the flat I previously rented it had a pipe where you had to put the waste pipe over it, but with this one it goes into it??

Now it looks like I need a waste pipe that has a screw end and a rubber O ring so that I can screw it onto the white part in the photo?

Is this right?

Dishwasher-Waste-Pipe-1.jpg

Dishwasher-Waste-Pipe-2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry do you mean unscrew the white part and take a picture of that?

Sponsored Links
Ahh ok sorry.

Right here are some more pictures of the setup underneath the sink (The black tape is me doing a temporary fix with gaffa tape):

Dishwasher-Waste-Pipe-3.jpg

Dishwasher-Waste-Pipe-4.jpg

Dishwasher-Waste-Pipe-5.jpg

Dishwasher-Waste-Pipe-6.jpg
:oops: :oops:

Wheres the water trap ?

It should have one of these to stop smells coming back up the waste.
It's all wrong.

424901-ab0-00co_full.jpg

Yeah I was wondering about it not having a water trap. Looks like that's another job for me to fit in a water trap into that piping.

I'd fit a proper bowl n half waste with adaptor for washing machine/dishwasher. and connect to your pipe exiting wall.

untitledukgg.jpg

Thanks for the diagram. I am 90% sure what you mean but I have added to your diagram some text to clarify if I am understanding where all of those pipes go:

Dishwasher-Waste-Pipe-7.jpg

Nearly turn waste round so washing machine outlet on right.

the tall pipe to small bowl, small pipe to main bowl as it hangs lower down.

Dishwasher hose needs to come in cupboard higher up should be about 600mm.

Hi,

Sorry just one last quick question. When I get the new piping am I attaching it to the existing 2 white parts that are there? Or do I need to buy parts to replace these?

Hi,

Sorry just one last quick question. When I get the new piping am I attaching it to the existing 2 white parts that are there? Or do I need to buy parts to replace these?
Use the existing white sink fittings and blank off the redundant connection just like the 1/2 bowl side (blue disc)

Where the dishwasher pipe is connected needs to be the overflow from the sink bowl, if the sink has an overflow outlet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back