display confusion with wd860

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wd860 hotpoint washer dryer which will not work. The digital display says 'H20' which according to the manual means that there is a water problem. I have checked the hose which is not kinked and I have checked the water pressure which seems fine.

I have pressed the start/cancel button twice to reset (as per the manual) and the display reverts to 'on'. But the moment I click on a program, the display reverts to 'H2O'.

Does anyone on this forum know what the problem might be and how I can make the machine work again?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
h20 means your machine needs water
check fo rbasics
hot tap is on & connected to 'h'
cold tap is on & connected to 'c'
pipes free & not blocked inside any where
try undoing at the machine slightly & check for water running out

if after all this then its either faulty inlet valve or pcb but these are unlikely

In the manual, it says that that the washing machine should not be connected to the hot tap. The washing machine comes with a Y hose where one end comes off the cold tap and divides into two hoses which connect to the two holes in the back of the machine (if the machine was never supposed to connect to the hot tap, why bother having two holes in the first place?).

When you say faulty inlet valve, are you referring to a valve in the machine or the cold water valve (tap) coming out of the wall. The water from the wall valve is flowing correctly. Also, hose is clear of obstructions and kinks.

test the valves in the machine
take lid off
they will be nex to where the hoses fasten
don't worry about the y piece connector - thats ok

Sponsored Links
remove lid check pressure pipe is connected to switch on the left of mc .under the dispenser . then unplug mc for 2 mins to reset.if that dont work cold vavle open circuit.

I've taken lid of washing machine. Removed and reattached rubber hoses inside (the ones which feed into devices before they connect the hoses outside the machine).

When restarting the machin, the H20 signal no longer appears. Instead, there is the electrical contact noise I would normally associate with the machine when it starts the program, but there is still no water entering the machine.

I have already verified that water is going into the main hoses as when I try to unscrew them, water comes out.

Any ideas?

I've also verified that the large crimped hose under the dispenser is connected.

To me it sounds, as if the machine is making all the correct noises except for the lack of water.

I've tried the other settings such as spin which still work.

Are you able to put some photos on here to assist?

Remove top lid.
Photo of top view to start with.

Hi,
Here are some views. I also took some under the soap dispenser. I did check. Couldn't find a lose connection

Hi,
Here are some views. I also took some under the soap dispenser. I did check. Couldn't find a lose connection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back