diverter valve glowworm betacom 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi new to here but wondering if anyone could help me out, i've replaced a diaphragm on the Diverter on a betacom 30 but when i re-establish the water to the boiler it leaks out of the connecting part of the diverter block, i think the water is passing past the spindle that operates the hydraulic valve.can anyone spread any light on why its leaking is it just a 'o' ring i'm missing????

any help be much appreciated thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yes the rubber diaphragm that activate's the spindle to the pressure switch when there's a demand for water. That's not the problemh,it's the other end of the spidnle that goes through to the diverter block it's self that's leaking.

Sponsored Links
There is normally a stuffing box or an O ring seal to ensure water tightness around a spindle. The one on the diaphragm housing is relatively easy to renew, but I'm not so sure about the internal seals. It may be that there is a service kit available, but if not then a new diverter may be the only solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back