Glow Worm Betacom 24c Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Glow Worm boiler is making a horrible grinding type noise when on hot water. It's nice and quiet when on central heating.

I've popped the cover off and had a good look and listen while the hot bath tap is running and the noise seems to be coming from the diverter valve. I took the motor off and the little plunger seems a bit sticky ie it dosn't go in and out smoothly.

I've seen a service kit for the diverter valve, but can't find any 'How to' guides or videos showing how to service the valve.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glowworm-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Can this valve be serviced in situ? ie drain down and undo the black plastic nut and pull everything out. Clean up, reassemble with new bits from kit?

Or is it a bit more 'involved' ie the valve has to be removed....

Thanks in advance for any advice! (y)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back